Monday, April 2, 2012

March

I ran a total of 327 miles with 32,550 feet of vertical gain in March.  Not a huge month, but not bad either.  The best thing is, I feel great.  My training lately has included plenty of easy runs and only a few really big hard efforts.  I am hoping that this approach will work better for me than last year's attempt to put in lots of long tough runs with 80-100 mile weeks one after another.  I only ran three races in March and none of them were serious goal races with all out efforts.  I think this was a good month of building base fitness without getting burned out.  I will spend the next two weeks putting in some bigger mileage and some quality speed and hill runs, then taper back a bit to be ready for Collegiate Peaks on April 28 which I consider my first serious race of the year.  I'd like to run a 50 mile PR and run somewhere close to 9:30.  We'll see how things go.
Start of the Tortoise and Hare 5K this morning.  I was the Hare and ran 19:50.

No comments:

Post a Comment