Monday, March 29, 2010

JourneyQuest 5K and a muddy trail run

Ean, Maddie and I ran the JourneyQuest 5K this morning at the Fort Collins Club/Edora Park. We all ran our fastest Colorado 5K times. I ran steady but controlled and finished in 20:10. It was a bright sunny spring morning and a gently rolling course on the bike path and through the neighborhood around the park. I finished 4th in my age group, but 12th overall. My daughter Maddie ran her fastest 5K ever (30:45) and won her age group. She was very pleased.
After lunch, I ran an easy 10 miles from the house. Pineridge is still closed due to mud, but Maxwell was open and very muddy. I ran up to the resevoir overlook and back home through the park. It was our warmest day so far this year and the weather for the week looks good--highs in the 70s on Tuesday and Wednesday! I'm so glad it is spring. Happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment